Occupational Therapy aims to enhance the physical limitations of the client’s body through a series of enhancement and therapeutic exercises.
Services may include:
- Health Assessment – we assess the patient’s needs to ensure that we provide customized care to benefit the patient and hasten recovery.
- Body Mechanics – proper body mechanics is important when in-recovery. This ensures that you don’t aggravate your injuries.
- Basic Skills Evaluation – regaining your basic skills may be difficult after an injury or surgery. Our team evaluates the extent of your injury and customizes a care plan suitable for each patient.
- Basic Level Skills Education and Training – we train each patient to regain full functionality and mobility.
- Device Assistance Training – there are a number of assistive devices patients can use to help them in their recovery. We offer training in the use and management of these devices to help our clients be more comfortable with their recovery.
- Pain Management – we help our clients manage pain and educate them on ways to ease the burden caused by chronic pain or pain caused by injury or surgery. Managing symptoms of pain can greatly minimize the discomfort.
- Exercise Programs – our exercise programs are tailored to each client or patient needs to avert injury and accelerate recovery.
- Therapeutic Programs – our programs encourage overall curative benefits and aid in the quick recovery of our patients.
- Strength Enhancement – we train and educate our clients on how to properly manage their strength as not to strain their body which can cause further damage. We also help them improve their strength to enhance their daily performance.
- Balance Restoration – after an injury, balance may become an issue. We offer balance restoration exercise to help regain proper equilibrium and stability.
- Sensory Functions Restoration – after major injury or trauma, a patient may experience sensory deprivation. We have programs to help patients with their sensory function restoration which is vital.
- Energy Conservation and Management – overworking the body may cause further impairment and may delay recovery, which is why we offer energy conservation and management for recovering clients.
- Muscle Control Restoration and Enhancement – muscle control is extremely important to recovery. We have programs to aid patients with muscle control restoration and enhancement to help them regain control over their bodily functions.
- Mobility Enhancement – therapy aiding in regaining mobility is offered as well. We understand the quick need to recuperate and get back to being functional and independent, which is why we offer mobility enhancement exercise to hasten effective recovery.
Should you have any questions or inquiries, please feel free to give us a call at 813-932-9922. If you would like to be assessed at home or meet us for a consultation, please Schedule an Assessment online so we can accommodate you.